As we all get ready to travel and spend more time outdoors there are a few things we can do to help keep your skin looking vibrant, glowing & healthy!
- Exfoliation! Don’t forget to exfoliate! You want to remove dead, dulling skin from your face & body to get the best absorption of your skin care products and to keep your skin looking fresh and smooth.
- Amp up your antioxidants! They give your sunscreen an added boost of protection from sun exposure. Not to mention, Vitamin C helps to aid in that summer time glow!
- Hydrate! Most of us think of skipping our moisturizers in the summer and only applying it in the dry winter months- but yet we have increased time outdoors which equals extreme heat here in the south that dries out and dehydrates the body. So increase your H2O intake and moisturize your face and body if you want to maintain supple, smooth skin!
- Self Tanners! Fortunately there are so many options to achieve that golden goddess look we all want in the summertime without the harmful rays of the sun AND without leaving us streaky and orange! There’s no denying tan skin hides imperfections and improves self confidence.
- Sunscreen! You know I cannot make a top 5 summer time regimen without it! When in doubt, lather up! It’s important to protect your skin daily from the damaging rays, whether it’s sunny or cloudy out you are still being exposed to the same rays. Apply an SPF 30 daily, and if outdoors for an extended amount of time reapply every 2 hours, especially after swimming or sweating.